What it is: LEKI invader ski glove [2013/2014]
The Scoop: As you know, I am a fan of the Leki Trigger system. It really has eliminated pole straps! And the Leki Invader S Ski Glove fits right into the system. This glove comes equipped with a little loop on the palm that interlocks on the pole (that is the Trigger system in a nutshell). The glove boast a trendy, relevant design and plenty of features to keep your hands feeling snug and comfortable. Leki has designed the Invader with a super grippy silicon print pattern, causing you to have a great grip on whatever you need to take hold of. In other words, what ever you grab, will not slip whether it be a____ (fill in the blank i.e. PBR, ski pole, skis, vitamin R, ham/bacon sandwich from the lodge etc, etc.).
Initial impression: Loved the design, and color (green). They arrived just in time for our spring session’s here in the NW. I enjoyed the light weight construction, and am confident they could be worn in most any conditions above 25deg. The gloves breathed very well, and kept my hands warm.
- Equipped with a ring shaped loop made of a tear-proof material, the strap is easily clicked in and out of the grip with the touch of a button. The strap releases upwards at high tension, e.g. during a fall. The danger of being injured has been reduced considerably, because “whirling” poles are kept away from your body.
- Releasing trigger system causes pole to release under tension (a fall for me) thus making you a safer yard sale
- Micro Bemberg Liner (don’t know what this is exactly, but it sounds super tech)
- Hyperloft Insulation (this will keep you warm)
- Colors: Pink, White and Green (shown).
Location and conditions: Crystal Mountain Resort, Wa. Conditions: Spring like. Temps in the upper 30’s-low 40’s, April 2013.
Fit: I wore an XL. Typically I alway’s were XL gloves. But in this glove I could have worn a Large. Keep in mind, from the manufac.: These gloves run big.
Pro’s: The Trigger system, the web grip on the palm, and the light weight construction. Colors of poles and gloves match great!
Con’s: These gloves are great with the Leki Trigger pole, but feel a bit “bulky” in the web part of your hand if your not using the trigger system. I think this is something you would get used to, and it would not be an issue, but I preferred these gloves specifically in use with the Trigger pole (Spitfire Pole).
Pictures: Scroll down
Other Leki products we have reviewed: