What it is: Originate jacket by OAKLEY
Price: msrp $300 | ON SALE $210 BACKCOUNTRY. COM
This Tanner Hall inspired jacket is a prominent player in Oakley’s Pro Rider Series. Style, met innovation, and Oakley calls it the ORIGINATE jacket. The Originate has strategically placed vents up front to let you release excess heat when backcountry hiking opportunities arise.
One of the coolest hidden features of this jacket (besides the Tanner inspired “stash” pocket) is the hidden magenta that keep the hood down when your not wearing it. Huh? Magnets in a jacket? So, the magnets hold it out of the way keeping the hood in place, and not flapping around in the wind. The jacket felt very warm, comfortable, and carried the Oakley quality you can expect.
Over all fit-feel-look: Loose fit and longer in length. The look is smooth, and the back has a huge logo blast on it that let’s everyone behind you know what type of jacket your wearing. Why yes, this is an Oakley.
- 100% polyester shell jacket
- 10K mm waterproofing with 10K g/m2/24hrs breathability and fully tape-welded seams
- Fixed hood with drawcords and magnetic hold-down system
- Fixed storm skirt
- Adjustable venting on front
- Pocket for your media player with pass-through for your earphone cord
- Hand pockets with zips plus hidden stash pocket
- Hem drawcord
- Full zip closure
- Embroidered icon on hood and chest / large vertical logo on back
- Convenient features like media and goggle pockets, wrist gaiters, and adjustable cuff tabs keep you and your gear warm and secure.
Pro’s: Love the wrist cuffs, and storm skirt. Also the 10Kmm shell + the HUGE Oakley logo blast on the back of the jacket!
Con’s: If you looking for a longer, loose fitting jacket, this is your prize. Remember Oakley fits big (their L is most company’s XL).
Price: msrp $300 | ON SALE $210 BACKCOUNTRY. COM Get this jacket now before it is gone.